What's Going Down

Monday, February 16, 2009

Headfirst into 7

02162009-16
Dear Seven,
I have to admit, I'm a bit scared by you. But I'm more scared for you. You're wise beyond your 2555 days.
02162009-14
Yet you're still my baby, as evidenced by the fact that you let me cradle you in my arms and snuggle into your neck.
02162009-10
You're fiercely independent in one moment and desperately needing mom the next.
02092009-3
You're a very intelligent girl, Seven. I want you to keep learning and growing. Gain as much knowledge as you possibly can. But never forget to rely on the arm of the Lord. Do not discount faith. It's importance and prevalence in your life is where your happiness will truly come from.
02092009-6
Seven, I need you to listen...
02162009-9
This world is only gonna get harder, and scarier, and meaner. Always, always remember that I love you. Never forget the things that your Father and I are trying to teach you: compassion, sincerity, patience, & a willingness to clean up after your own darn self.
02162009-6
But please, don't be afraid to be a kid. Don't be afraid to show your goofy side.
02162009-12
Seven, you seem so much older than I would have thought possible. We have the ability to trust you to make good decisions (most of the time).
02162009-2
Keep doing that. We like that. Don't get sidetracked by all the meaningless fluff this world has to offer, Seven. Keep smiling. Keep hugging. Keep us close.
02162009-13

Love,
Your mom.

10 comments:

La Yen said...

Seven and she already has a tattoo.

Alecia said...

This made me tear up. (Pathetic, right) You are such an a great mom with the cutest kids.

Nicole said...

I love it! A great post! And I can't believe it's been 7 years. I still remember you bringing her to enrichment days after you had delivered. I was amazed then without knowing the intricacies of the post-birth days and now that I do I'm even more impressed!

Also, I LOVE the valentine's and will definitely be stealing the idea next year. Definitely! Your endless creativity baffles me. I only get credit for creativeness when I steal great ideas from my clever friends! Keep it up!

SCRAPPNMOM said...

Wow...crazy! I remember her crawling and then, walking very quickly after that. They grow up way too fast. She is absolutely gorgeous by the way!

Debbie said...

I loved this!

Lost A Sock said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday Abbie!

Ambrosia said...

I love to hear you speak from your motherheart, Alissa. It is breathtaking and inspiring to behold.
She is blessed to have you.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet. I was going to comment on you waiting until she was 7 to get a tattoo, but La Yen beat me to it. CURSES!

Kate Chartrand said...

Hope Abbie had a good birthday!

MiddleMelansons said...

i came across your blog by chance while i was looking at "photo blogs" and this post made me cry! how sweet!!!Great photos btw!!
~k

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails