Exhibit A: The Bookcase
Notice the following:
- Diapers - in bulk. For both Miles and Lucas. See, the bedrooms are upstairs and I haven't found a cute basket to stick diaper changing supplies for the downstairs in yet... but I hate running upstairs for a diaper. I'm lazy.
- Calvin & Hobbes compilations as literature. Abbie LOVES them.
- Crayons stashed as a quick-grab for church or other outings.
All found in the planting bed in the backyard:
- 4 Whiffle Balls
- A deflated Earth globe from National Geographic
- 2 Frisbees - at least one of which is broken.
- The Sprinkler which I did not put there.
- A cup. Why is there a cup outside? I have no earthly clue. I took this picture, and then walked away, the cup is still there. I'm an excellent parent. Yes.
- What you will not find in our planting beds... plants that I planted.
Because we have a bar for the kids to eat at, we rarely eat at the table together. Matt and I either stand and eat in the kitchen with the kids, or eat by ourselves in the dining room. Not the best arrangement, but when your dining room has brand new carpet (don't get me started on the absurdity of carpeting in dining areas), there just aren't many options. So, basically the dining room table is the kids' craft table. There are almost always crayons, paper, coloring books, scissors, etc covering the table. It's almost not worth putting away since they'll just be getting it back out again.
Normally, I don't mind the ever-present child clutter. But today it's making me want to hide in a closet in the fetal position and rock back and forth until I can't remember my own name. Yes, it's been one of THOSE days.