What's Going Down

Monday, April 6, 2009

The moment you've been pretending to be waiting for.

House pictures. Or I can do you one better. A house tour.

Please keep in mind that I did this tour the day we moved in. I would estimate that 90% of that stuff is now put away. I still need to properly unpack the kids' rooms but I need to buy some toy storage/organization first.



I'll do another tour soon so you can see where we decided to put all our junk!

Here are some stills from before the house was bombarded with two truckloads of crap.

The girls' room. Need to hang curtains in that corner... any suggestions on how to configure that one??


Boys' Room. Needs another coat of paint. Needs Matt to get busy with some kind of funky stripe he has planned.


There was a whole fiasco regarding our color choices, but lets just say that Matt redeemed himself and repainted two entire walls for me. But that's what happens when you do a poor job paint matching, eh Matt? Love the brown corner. It brings me a tiny bit of happiness every time I walk up the stairs. Also, it makes me want a frosty.

Suggestions always welcome.

16 comments:

elizabeth said...

Love the house. I like the master bedroom being downstairs and the kids rooms are up. you can stay there even when they are teenagers.love the color choices other than the kids rooms-blue and pink are just not my colors. wondering what's behind the back yard. road? shopping center? office? Enjoy!

Kermit~the~Frog said...

Light, bright and airy!

They make curtain rods that round corners. I haven't bought any yet but I have two windows that round corners, so I may someday.

Kermit~the~Frog said...

Aaaaand...I watched the video.

Your boys are such darlings! Love that Lucas toddle, love camera shy Miles saying "Hi."

It's odd to hear your voice for the first time in years.

Congratulations!

Alissa said...

on the other side of the bike trail are more homes.

stephanie said...

i loved the tour. it was nice to hear your voice. it's been a while.

your house is great. i can't wait to see it all put together. good luck unpacking!

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

I LOVE IT!! totally awesome. I wish I were closer, I so want to help you move in. I love that part--putting it all away and finding places, organizing. sigh. Plus, your boys are freaking cute. fyi.

sheri said...

I'm STILL so giddy for you! What an awesome house! Although it probably makes you totally homesick for Green Hill Apartments, huh.

Amber said...

No pretending- I HAVE been waiting for this moment. I want to lick your chocolate wall and totally thought frosty before I read it.

Also I want to squeeze Miles.

LOVE the house! LOVE the bike trail! Congrats!

TwinkleBee said...

ilove the stripe in the girls room! They sell corner connectors at places like JCPenney for windows that meet in the corner of the room so where the rods touch a connecting peice makes it one big bent rod. Can't wait to see more pics!!

dastew said...

Congrats guys though I'm bitter that you're in Florida and not somewhere closer. Although the snow this morning might be why you're not somewhere closer.

(My word verification is "reterder" does that not sound like the perfect nine year old boy word?)

Cheri said...

I love the house. You did a great job with the colors. And it is so light inside.

Wow Matt, that's a lot of work! Looks great!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

When Lucas's little head first entered the frame, I thought you got a puppy. ROFL.

I have no volume on this computer, so if you said anything witty or even called me names, I missed it.

I'm thrilled for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Love the house, so happy for you guys! Love the chocolate wall, Yummy! I thought it was pretty funny that Lucas was locked out on the porch! Wish we couldv'e been there to help you move.

Anonymous said...

The house looks great! You should totally have superhubby add a little L shaped piece to the windowed corner of the girls' room and then curtain it off for a little reading/hiding cubby space! (Can you tell I always wanted one of those as a kid?)

embee said...

no suggestions but... mmmmmm frosty. oh yum.

(congrats on the new house btw.)

Ambrosia said...

I LOVE IT, Alissa. It was wonderful to hear your voice. Yay for home ownership!!

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails