What's Going Down

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

And Now... For the Main Event.

I've been putting off photographing all six (yes, there are more) finished projects I have because I wanted to wait until this one was done.

Sea Princess Test

This was another test-knit for a knitwear designer. It was an absolute delight to knit. Plus, I got to use a yarn that I've never used before and absolutely fell in love. MUST HAVE MORE YARN. I think this week, I'll have to take some pictures of my yarn stash so you can laugh at my "need."

Sea Princess Back

Yes. More cables on the back. And the sleeves. I was actually asked to knit the size 8-9. Abbie is teeny. So, even though she's 8.5, she really only wears a 6/7. So, admittedly the jacket is a bit long on her. But I actually like the longer length... it gives it more of a swing coat feel, I think.
Sea Princess Test

Overall, I think it's great. I *almost* wish it was for me, except for the part where I'm not really into nautical cables for adults who aren't on a boat. Sue me.

5 comments:

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

love it love it love it love it.

and the length is perfect. I think it looks great on her. the color, the design. love the four-botton thing going on.

really, love it.

ba and the boys said...

I WANT ONE!

Resweater said...

I love it! I think the length is perfect! I bet that would look adorable with a dress too.

Janni said...

I just started learning to crochet. It has been fun watching all of your wonderful knit projects. When my 10yr old daughter saw this sweater she was amazed that you had crafted it. She loved it. Great job.

Erica said...

Love it. And although you followed a pattern, all your knits have a very you vibe. Hey, here a couple of yarny related sites you might like:
(1) www.planetpurl.com (based in Orlando, free live online classes, patterns, meet the desinger, etc)
(2) www.letsknit2gether.com - great video interviews with designers, yarn fairs, tutorials, etc.
(3) http://oiyi.blogspot.com/ - blogger, knitter, weaver, awesome.

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails