So, Mother's Day is on Sunday. Always a holiday that makes me laugh. This year moreso than before. Here's why:
Abbie was sent home from preschool today with a laminated "certificate" for me. She did the standard "teacher asks open-ended questions for her to fill in." Had me near tears... yes, I was laughing that hard.
"My mom is special because... she tells me to clean up."
1. Yes, I do.
2. That makes me special?
3. Yes, I'm militant that way.
"I like it when my mom... opens my closet and lets me take one toy."
1. This totally deserves it's own blog post.
2. It's true.
3. Judge me.
"My mom can do many things! She's best at... playing games on her computer."
1. Snood Slide rocks!
2. However, I barely play games.
3. I'm totally working on my computer. NOT PLAYING. (only a small lie!)
"My mom is pretty as a... flower."
1. Yeah, like one of those wilting ones.
"My mom is smart! She even knows... about reading books."
1. I can totally read.
"My mom has a pretty smile! I like to make her smile by... cleaning up."
1. See the first one.
2. Again, true.
3. I like a clean house!
4. You totally wouldn't know it by coming over.
Love you too, Princess!