What's Going Down

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Yes. Already.

It's been 6 weeks since Lucas was born! Can you believe that?! I realized that I never posted a birth story, and I'm not sure you all really want to hear it... let me know if you're still interested in the comments.

At any rate, 6 weeks! Holy cow that went fast... and also slow. My recovery was SO QUICK that the Saturday after he was born (on a Thursday) we attended a Church Breakfast Thing. And it has been an agonizingly long 6 weeks looking at my gross, flabby body every day. So, I'm overjoyed to be back to the gym.

I went yesterday and did the "Core-Flex" class, which is described as "a training program for men and women, designed to regain, maintain and/or increase flexibility. This class incorporates some Pilates core-method of exercises." It was alot of stretching and hardly made me sweat. Probably good for a first time back class. However, I was barely sore this morning (and we all know that being sore is the sign of a good workout, right?).

However, this morning I went and did the Beginning Yoga class. I swear I was gonna smack that lady around if she made me do one more Downward Facing Dog! It wasn't actually my muscles that were hurting... it was my joints. Ankles, wrists, knees, elbows... gah! I feel SO OLD. I'm hoping that my muscles will start picking up the slack. And yes, I'm very sore... I'll be lucky to get out of bed without help tomorrow.

My goal, besides the weight loss, is that I'd like to run a 5k (I can't believe I'm saying that, I HATE RUNNING) before my birthday. Has anyone done the Couch to 5k program? Yes, that's me, couch level.

Oh, and pictures of Lucas coming tomorrow, okay?

7 comments:

Mo said...

I wanna hear the birth story!

sheri said...

Duh, I want to hear the birth story still!
And I've got a goal to do a 5K. I started the "couch to 5K" program last fall and found it incredibly easy. I was able to skip several days/weeks at a time, lol. I'm now trying to find a good 5K "cause" I can make as my goal. (cancer or something)
And woot for more pictures to come!

Rachel said...

Um, I want to hear the birth story!

smart mama said...

i keep thinking about couch to 5k but i can't seem to pull myself on the couch - so I am still pulling my extra 20lbs as well-

Lee said...

I am doing the couch to 5K right now. It works.. so far. You should totally do it.

Emily said...

I've done the couch to 5K twice and swear by it (I don't really think you are supposed to skip weeks though, lol Sheri)
Go for it!

Jenny said...

I totally think that you can do a 5K. They aren't as bad as you think, I promise. I would say we should run one together while we are in PA, but that is much much sooner than your birthday.

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails