What's Going Down

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Good News/Bad News.

The good news is that I no longer look pregnant.

The bad news is that now I just look fat. No, really. I've got an inner tube around my mid-section like nobody's business and my thighs... well, they're just plain scary. Yesterday, I pulled out my old clothes. I don't have a single pair of pants that fit. Not one. My current wardrobe consists of about 7 elastic waist skirts and a pair of capris that I bought last week. I have 3 shirts that don't accentuate the fact that while pregnant I (stupidly) gave myself free-reign to eat as much as I wanted.

Secret Food Confessions (Foods I partook of while pregnant, that I'm now regretting).
At least 2 entire one pound bags of Peanut M&Ms.
Entire batches of chocolate chip cookies.
A whole lot of banana splits.
CURSE YOU PRINGLES!

So, with today being 4 weeks since the kid was born, it's time to buckle down. With that said, starting Monday, I'm giving up sugar. I can't believe I'm typing that. Sugar. How I love thee. How my humongous thighs need thee. It's an addiction and I refuse to be pushed around by it. I know I can't "work out" for another two weeks, but I'll be walking everyday until then (and after too - it's how I get Abbie), and starting May 19th, I'll be at the gym at least 3 times/week.

I'm hoping to lose at least 10 pounds by the time my family reunion rolls around in mid-July. 10 pounds in 10 weeks? Sounds feasible, right? I just know I do NOT want to be "The Fat Sister."

7 comments:

dastew said...

Family reunion? Are you wandering north to visit us? It's only fair since we're going to visit you guys.

Alissa said...

we are! we'll be in PA for a good portion of July. we're hoping to venture out and do something else for part of the time, but matt's got some PTO to burn (130+ hours) and 2 weeks paid paternity left to take... lol.

sheri said...

You could always adopt me and bring me along to the reunion. You'll be guaranteed to not be the fat sister. Trust.

SCRAPPNMOM said...

I am sorry, but I have a hard time believing you! I have NEVER seen you fat and don't believe you can be! No sugar is a great idea though. I will do it with you. Right, I think I will only last a day or two. Just remember you are beautiful because you are a mom and just had a baby. We all must be happy with ourselves so I understand completely however. Good luck Alissa! I will think of you and how you weigh like 95 pounds, every time I look at sugar!

smart mama said...

you can do it-- i started strong and now I have weakened - as i sit here drinking soda and eating junk at 1045-- I need to be forced to be naked in public so the shame will motivate me

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

Dude, Liss! you just had your fourth kid--JUST. But yeah, I know how it feels. I'm already gearing up for my postpartum weight loss extravengaza, and I guarentee I have a lot more to lose than you do!

Hil said...

yeah you weigh what a whole hundred pounds now! Wet! Cant wait to see you guys in July!

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails