What's Going Down

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Busiest Weekend Ever.

And it's over. Thank you.

Woke Friday at 7am. Dressed, fed, and shipped the girls off to school. Went back into the school to volunteer in Abbie's class. Came back and planned a huge grocery shopping trip. Went to the store. Got home from the store just in time to greet my parents and brother at my front door as they drove from Pennsylvania to Florida just to escape the 4 feet of snow. No, not really, though that's as good a reason as any, right?

Got my parents settled in and we ate dinner. Made a trip to JoAnns with my mom (nothing finer in the world than a trip to JoAnns with your mom. Really). Came home and stayed up too late making a birthday cake.

Woke up at 5:45am on Saturday morning. Cleaned my house and frosted the cake. Invited 8 children ages 6-9 into my home to trash the place. Didn't even clean up after they left. Took a brief nap. Ran some errands while my husband and brother took the older three kids ice skating. Met my husband at his work so we could leave the kids with the babysitting company his work hires on occasion as a perk for the employees. Took my parents out to dinner. Fielded a phone call from Abbie regarding a hysterical Lucas. Ignored his panicked screeching in the background. (He was fine.) Picked the kids up. Made a slideshow. Make a headband. Made a church program. Crashed into bed close to 2am.

Woke up Sunday at 6:45am. Cleaned up from the birthday party. Got 4 children ready for church (with the help of my parents and husband.) Looked hot at church! Well, as much as a 38 weeks pregnant woman, can... which is to say, comical. Ran errands around church all through Sunday School. Actually sat and listened to the lesson in Relief Society. Fabulous. Ran home. Fed family leftover pizza for lunch. Tended to an oozing infected wound on one of my children. Pretended like I was going to make cupcakes. Delegated. Hustled everyone back to the church. Fielded 3 screaming fits from 3 different children who did NOT get enough of a nap. Didn't forget anything.

Witnessed the baptism of my oldest daughter. Cried. Loved my husband so much it hurts. Felt truly blessed because of all of the awesome friends and family who came out to the baptism. The room was bursting with so much love for our family that it brought me to tears a couple of times. Dressed her in the gorgeous dress my mother made. Felt my heart skip a beat. Underestimated the pain of watching your child grow up before your very eyes.

Hustled everyone home. Made (with many helping hands) breakfast for dinner at Abbie's request. Sang birthday wishes, ate birthday cupcakes and celebrated Chinese New Year with Boba, pineapple cakes and some "lucky money."

Hoped my friends know that I feel of their love and support. Hoped my family knows how extremely grateful we are that they made the trip (both the drive and the flight) to be with us this weekend.

Hoped my daughter knew how much she's loved and how proud of her I am.

17 comments:

sheri said...

I'm so glad you had such an awesome weekend!!! Congratulations to Abbie.

Mia said...

Still can't believe that Abbie is 8! Wish we could have been there.

Maleen said...

I'm exhausted just reading that, and it sounds a lot like my upcoming weekend, except we are only celebrating a FOUR birthday, so we can probably skip the baptism and extended family visiting. However, I have to add in an all morning stake relief society meeting, a birthday invitation for another sibling, and a ward date night (that we probably should attend before I turn into zombie woman after I have this baby).

I'm excited that we are so close to having these babies. I promise not to be jealous when you have yours first *wink*.

Ambrosia said...

Wow, it sounds like a fabulously full weekend. Congratulations to you all.

dastew said...

I wish we could have been there. We love you guys.

Lee said...

It sounds perfect!! Congrats to Abbie. It is crazy to watch our kids get baptized. What a great time for your family!!

Now it is time for baby to come out! :)

Audrey said...

Wow, and you didn't even go into labor? Sounds like a weekend to remember! Wish we could have been there. Give our love to Abbie and the rest of the family :)

Amy G. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy G. said...

It really was a sweet, beautiful baptism! Beautiful talks, beautiful little Abbie, totally hot mama, and Lucas let me hold him and didn't cry, bite or frown at me! Total success if ya ask me! :)

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Great weekend! Congratulations to Abbie!

ba and the boys said...

lazy girl...

Resweater said...

What a beautiful post to read! How blessed you are to have such a wonderful family!

Lindsay said...

So happy for your amazing weekend. I'm sad we missed it! You are a great writer, I always love your posts!

Jamie said...

I was so happy to hear that your parents and Jarom made it to your house safe and sound. Congrats to Abbie on her baptism! :)

michelle said...

she is beautiful! we're so glad to know your family

Jenny said...

Congrats Abbie! Happy Birthday and happy baptism!

lacyboo said...

i dont know why ive never read this post before but i was just browsing through and i read it and when you talked about abbies baptism, it made me cry. what is wrong with me?! lol. i think im having trouble watching my kids grow up and am dreading kindergarden much less baptisms. sighh

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails