What's Going Down

Monday, February 8, 2010

Talented

My children, all of them, have amazing artistic abilities. I know you all think they must get it from me, but I promise you that I can't draw to save my life. I can craft, and there's TOTALLY a big difference. And even then, I'm a sloppy and lazy crafter at best.

But, uh, have you seen my husband's work?

I really should be scanning more of their drawings for you because Anna is seriously good. But today, I'm sharing this hilariously imaginative picture that Miles drew. On the magna doodle. Always on the magna doodle. It pains me because it means we can't keep his drawings, though I do try to take pictures of my favorites.



I really gotta get that kid a pad of paper of his own.
He has also been sounding out words lately. I love this stage. Let me know if you can figure out what he has written.

16 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

That's an awesome super hero robot!

And what a little smarty pants!

Anonymous said...

Of course it says: Super Hero Robot- being a first grade teacher helps! =) Cherish this stage- it doesn't last long.

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

Hero Super Robot was what I read, though the others make more sense, syntaxly. Or something. And your kids have no choice but to be creative and artistic with the parents they have. both mom and dad. I've seen your work up close and personal, and it's really good.

sheri said...

Holy crap, he's talented! I was thrilled that Kelly learned how to draw a cross the other day, lol. (it's actually something in the developmental testing, if you can believe it)

Jennifer said...

I love how the R for robot is one line above the rest of the word...I remember writing that way! Miles rocks!

and I looked at hubby's website-WOW!!!!

Audrey said...

What a cute robot and what great spelling! He is so smart :)

Resweater said...

That is fantastic! How old is he?

Alissa said...

He's four.

Jamie said...

That super hero robot is amazing!

Jen said...

How cute:
Great super hero robot!!

Alecia said...

That's the best looking super hero robot I've ever seen!

Brittany@twocrazycupcakes said...

Looks like a cool robot! He sounds just like my four year old son. BTW your hubbie looks very talented. Just saw your profile...FL!! We live in Central Florida! So cool!

Jenny said...

That is awesome. We've been trying to get Tab to sound out words but he is just NOT interested.

m3ng said...

Soober heero robots are totally cool. Miles comes up with some really funny original pieces!

Anonymous said...

Awesome-est super hero robot everrrr!

Amber said...

I'd have to go with Super Hero Robot...my step-daughter is in 2nd grade and just past this spelling stage. It's amazing the progress they make in just 3 months in school...It's just about the same as watching a baby quickly turn into a toddler...then already be a teenager! Have fun!!! It really is amazing to see them reading. :)

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails