What's Going Down

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Can't Get Enough!

I know I shared the teensy tiny pair of Longies that I knit for our baby. Then I was feeling a little bit guilty. After all, I haven't knit a single thing for anyone other than a baby who hasn't been born yet. Plus, no one can model that tiny stuff. And let's be honest, you really need a cute model in order to properly show off clothes that cute, right?

So, I set about making a slightly larger pair of longies for my slightly larger child. I might love these even more.



And yes, Lucas really is THAT skinny. At 22 months, he's just around 18 pounds. Eats like a garbage disposal, but none of it sticks to him. According to my husband's mother, he takes after his father. Just wait till I post the picture she brought me.



I used this pattern again and cast on the 89 stitches that the pattern follows for a smallish size. Of course, they're just a tad too big for Lucas. So, after these pictures were taken, I made him up a drawstring. Perfection.

I admit to making him wear them for two days. In a row. Judge me.

13 comments:

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

Adorable stuff.

no judging here. We own something like 20+ longies or so. And I can't knit. so....

Maleen said...

Lucas makes Daisy look like a chunk since she came in at 21 lbs. at her 18 month check-up. Of course, she has stopped eating so he might catch up yet.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

I'm having some serious knitting envy right about now.

sheri said...

You're going to have to crank up the a/c JUST so he can keep wearing them. Love those!

lacyboo said...

the 89 stitches were too big? ay-yi-yi. kellan is 22 lbs or something like that and i was gonna make it bigger but if those are slightly big on him, i might as well go with the 89. by the way, i love these! the colors are soo cute, it makes me happy!

Resweater said...

Those are gorgeous! This seriously makes me want to learn how to knit. My son is a stick too. I'm finishing up a pair of recycled cashmere longies for my son that i'll blog about tomorrow. I was going to make something different with the sweater, but my son claimed it after feeling it, lol.

ba and the boys said...

i want a pair! yes, for me!

Marylin said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THOSE! I came across your blog after a friend made your Valentines and I am thinking we could totally be friends (even if it's just so you can teach me all you know!!) So talented you are!

Tina said...

These pants are awesome and almost make me want to try knitting again. I am a quick crocheter, but I take forever to knit.

Anyway, love the pants!

oh, and I won't judge you. Sometimes my daughter has pajama day... two days in a row.

Super Daysh said...

Those are just about the cutest pants I've ever seen! LOVE them. I want to make some in adult size- I bet they'd be super warm too!

lover mother said...

So cute! Hey, if there is no pee or poop on it it it's still clean, right?

michelle said...

and you say you wanna be ME????girl, i wanna do the things you can do.....love the yellow/gray.

Stephanie Ford said...

I've been meaning to come back and comment congratulations on beautiful Libby and I am in LOVE with these longies! seriously! I can't stop thinking about them. You are brilliant!

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails