What's Going Down

Thursday, March 29, 2012

On Wealth

 I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about wealth. And riches.
 The husband has a good job. He works very hard and provides well for our "little" family. All of our needs are met. And quite a lot of our wants. Of course, we always wish for more, right? I mean, would it be too much to ask that my children have actual beds to sleep on? (Some of them sleep on mattresses on the floor because they BROKE their bed by jumping on it... ahem.) (And if we're being honest, the husband believes he is going to build us two sets of bunkbeds. I'm just impatient.)
 But when it comes right down to it, I know that having things like fancy furniture (anything without marker on it), and extravagant vacations (qualifies as anyplace overnight without the kids) aren't important. Truly. I mean, look! We are wealthy. We are rich beyond measure.  
I wouldn't trade it for the world. 

3 comments:

Kayli said...

Beds are overrated. Before we moved to Switzerland we ended up staying with my mom and dad for 6 months. The whole time we lived there, my kids slept on a blanket on the floor in a row. And I thought- why do we spend good money on beds?

Also, your family is absolutely adorable. And the theme of this post is so true.

Anonymous said...

So true...

Would love to have 5 kids one day. You guys are very lucky.

Alecia said...

Damn you Alissa for making me cry today! I sure do miss that "little" family of yours. Also thank you for reminding me of what really matters. Sending love your way from Utah.

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails