What's Going Down

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Two Pair



I admit that I am not a sock knitter. I appreciate warm and lovely handknit socks as much as the next person, but as it turns out, I didn't actually enjoy knitting them.

Enter Susan B. Anderson.

She posted on her blog a recipe for a very simple sock and it occurred to me that perhaps that was my solution. Knitting simple socks.
You see, sock knitting can get very complicated.
Toe up?
Top down?
One at a time?
Two?
Magic loop?
Short row heel?
Afterthought heel?
Wedge toe?

And honestly, this is just scratching the surface of plain socks. Don't even get me started on patterned socks.

At any rate, Susan told me exactly what to knit and how. I'm thrilled. I've cranked out two pair in a month.
And now my feet are warm. And now my heart is happy.
And I've got another pair on the needles.



Yarn is Serenity Sock Weight
Yarn is Patons Kroy Socks

2 comments:

stefani said...

Love the socks! I am currently working on knitting my first pair. I hope to be fast enough to knit two pairs in a month. :-)

Jenn Nielsen said...

I love them! One of these days I'm going to attempt socks. Just not today.

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails