What's Going Down

Saturday, February 3, 2007

Mornings aren't really my thing.

Evenings, heck yes. Mornings. Please for the love of all that is holy leave me to sleep!!! And yet, I haven't "slept in" (we're talking past 9am) in years. YEARS, people! It's a luxury I am not yet entitled to, apparently.

This morning was no different. Woke up at 6:54am to Miles crying. He's hungry and darn it for weaning. Throw a banana, some Cheerios and a sippy of milk at him... Went back to bed. Matt got up and got the girls breakfast. But by 8:00am, I couldn't avoid the inevitable any longer. Up it was.(Abbie reading books in our bedroom at 7am. By the light of the closet.)

Matt's doing this trying to get in shape thing. I fully support him... I mean, better him than me. I hate working out, especially in the morning. So, he went to Yoga this morning. I hear he really enjoyed it. I'm kinda sad I wasn't there to watch his downward facing dog! At any rate. By the time he got home, it was time for me to get ready. I had a date.

A date? What? No, not with a man. With Melinda. (Count your lucky stars, Melinda that I'm too lazy to pull those self-portraits off my card!) We got ourselves all dolled up and went to lunch and then pseudo-shopping. We were trying to pretend (at least I was...) that for a couple of hours we weren't mothers. Just very stylish women. I say pseudo-shopping because neither of us had any money to spend. But oh how we ogled that new Vera Bradley pattern, Peacock. And spent another 45 minutes inside a kids' toy store (I'm a sucker for that Playmobil and Melissa & Doug stuff!). And another hour at Target. And our grand total: $9 Two purchases by Melinda. I'm so proud of myself.

Note to self: when going inside several stores in a row, it is wise to turn off the headlights on your car, so that when you return to the car, it's not dead.

Self: Note taken.

Second Note to Self: When trying to jumpstart your car, you should always ask a man for help. Women know nothing! They will attempt to jump it incorrectly and then tell you it's your starter, at which point you'll nearly start to cry in front of your date.

Self:
Wuss!

Third Note to Self: If you leave your husband in charge for several hours, he will clean your kitchen floor spotless, you know... the one you've been putting off for about a week. BUT... the rest of the house will be trashed.

Self: Thanks sweetie!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious!! Sounds like you had quite a day! Its hard to remember those childless carefree days, isnt it! And my baby is only one!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Fun date! Totally jealous.

Melissa Davis said...

Sounds like fun! Cute picture!

heidi~r. said...

ADORABLE pic! You sound like a lot of fun! I enjoyed reading that1 :)

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

I love that picture of Abbie reading. Dead car and all, sounds like a fab date.

aubrey said...

oh. sleeping in. you just depressed me by reminding me that i haven't slept in past 9am for an innumerable amount of years too. so sad. i always try to convince my "kidless" friends to come over on saturday mornings and watch the kids so we can sleep in. i offer to pay them. but as yet, no one has offered to take me up on that.

Jess said...

lmao! great entry! that is a super capture, too.

Robyn said...

Love the pic of your DD - Great lighting. And hilarious story

Amy (3 Peas) said...

What a fun date!! :)

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails