What's Going Down

Monday, January 11, 2010

Fixed!

And now I can admit to one of my resolutions...

Take a picture of SOMETHING every day. You see, in the last year or so, I've taken significantly fewer pictures of the stuff going on around here. I didn't pick up my camera even once during our Christmas festivities. I am ashamed.

So, in the spirit of Matthew 5:16 "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." and with the fear that if I don't USE this talent that the Lord has blessed me with, it will be taken from me... I am taking more pictures. Something. Anything. I will NOT be posting them here everyday. I am nothing, if not realistic. But you'll probably get to see a good majority of what I've chosen. The hope is that at the end of the year, I can have a Blurb book or the like printed and it will be a decent representation of our year.

So, where to start... I'll be doing some catch up posts for the next couple of days if that's alright with you all.

Day 1:
Lucas eating breakfast on New Year's Day. Honey Kix. He won't let us put him in the high chair anymore. He wants to sit at the table. Fortunately, his high chair pulls up to the table nicely, but sometimes it's just easier to plop his tiny heiny in a chair and let him go at it. I love morning light.



Also mentioning our lack of New Year's Tradition. We don't have a fancy breakfast. We don't eat sauerkraut, or anything else normal. We just eat like it's any other day. A shame really. What do you eat on New Year's Day?

9 comments:

sheri said...

Cute picture! And I'm so glad you and your camera skillz are back :)
And sauerkraut? People eat "special" food on New Year's Day? I've never actually heard of that. I'm intrigued. We have exactly 0 NYE traditions. I kinda don't get it, actually. It often happens to be the one night/year that I'm asleep BEFORE midnight, ironically enough!

Anonymous said...

On New Year's Day, we have a mini-version of a Super Bowl party at my parents' house. My mom makes 7-layer dip (refried beans, salsa, sour cream, green onions, sliced black olives, diced green chili peppers, and shredded cheese). We also eat cocktail weenies, cheese and crackers, deviled eggs, etc. Then we just hang out as a family- pretty low-key.

Ruth Solter said...

No wonder you don't have any New Years traditions- I don't think you grew up with any. I always figured that was MY day as Mother, to veg out. You know, get a good book, go do what I wanted to do, and let everybody find their own thing. But as for saurkraut- Yes, people do eat it on New Years Day. Pork and saurkraut, with mashed potatoes- Yum!!

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

we don't do anything special on New Years Day, either.

I am super excited about your resolution. I am always blown away by your skills and am excited to see more of it again.

MiddleMelansons said...

what a good idea!!! i am stealing your resolution. I especially like the reason for your resolution

Jamie said...

Hooray for a working card reader! :)
I'm also deciding to print my blog. Besides Blurb.com, I've also been checking out this blog2print.sharedbook.com , if you want to shop around.
See you in blogland!

elizabeth said...

Matt didn't grow up with any new year tradition either-waite...we did make the kids write their annual reports...the Ways has a tradition called-new year Chinese food blow out...they made and ordered some Chinese food and invite family and friends over..I enjoyed being invited.

Melinda said...

We didn't do anything special but I would like to do cinnamon rolls. Something delicious we don't usually eat.

Lei said...

I should set the same goal. I noticed that onceI really started shooting professionally I stopped shooting for fun. How wrong is that?

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails