What's Going Down

Thursday, January 14, 2010

So Wrong!

There's a reason that Florida is considered The Sunshine State. It's warm here. Or, that's the theory anyway.

For the last week or so, we've been NOT enjoying freezing temperatures overnight. This does not bode well for me or my electric bill. It's also less than pleasant for my poor children who don't have proper winter clothing and have to walk to catch the bus every morning.

Anna is wearing: A long sleeve shirt under a short sleeve shirt. The pink fuzzily lined sweatshirt. Gloves. A wool hat I crocheted her for Christmas 2008. Jeans. Sock & Sneakers. I'm fairly certain there are underwear under there, but I can't promise anything.

Matt, who dutifully walks them to the bus stop EVERY SINGLE DAY (THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!) told me that Anna walked to the bus stop while crying, "My face is SOOOO COLD! It hurts!"

Yeah, I'm not the only one who doesn't enjoy this weather. Bring on Spring already!

3 comments:

Carley, John, Cohen, kennedy said...

yea.. Tristas kids are the same way, luckily my kids haven't fully acclimated yet so it wasn't horrible.

sheri said...

ROFL! I see these kids here, too. Days where it's 34 degrees when I take the kids to school. Yet, Kyle's still usually in shorts. (but a jacket. woot!)
And you have an electric heater? That must be a REAL bummer on your electric bill. BOO

elizabeth said...

Lucky you don't live in Calgary

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails