What's Going Down

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Project #1

Whenever the weather gets cold (did I mention that we had frozen precipitation? can't really call it snow...), my mind turns to all manner of yarn-related crafting.

Bring on the needles and hooks!

I've started my very first afghan. I've never crocheted anything larger than a hat, but I was feeling ambitious, I guess.



I'm about 25% finished with the "blocks" and then I'll have to seam them all together, which I am imagining is going to take just as long as making the blocks themselves. But gosh darnit, I'm making an afghan!

5 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

So you're saying you never crocheted an afghan with the rest of us at MAT??

Alissa said...

i don't believe i did...

sheri said...

I LOVE the colors! I need to learn how to knit. That is cool. And when it's done, you can look at your awesome afghan and say "I made that!"

Ruth Solter said...

You know, I must be stuck in the 80's. Your colors are great!! I can never get over crocheting across. Making all those squares would drive me crazy!! You go girl!!

Jenny said...

That is awesome. I'm totally in a "yarn phase" right now too.

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails