What's Going Down

Friday, January 15, 2010

Mmmm....

We're not coffee drinkers. But sometimes, I wish we were. Both Matt and I love the smell. And frankly, the "morning wakeup" it promises are alluring. And yet we refrain.

Instead, especially during these colder months weeks, we enjoy a daily cup of hot chocolate. Must have marshmallows. Our current favorite: Ghirardelli Peppermint Hot Cocoa. Yum.


It actually reminds me of when Matt and I were dating. We were living in Utah where there is a much longer cold season. From about September through February or later, we would get together every single evening with some good friends and enjoy all manner of hot beverage (barring coffee). We had herbal teas, hot cocoa, and even the ill-fated Postum that Matt loved so dearly.

So, every morning when I sit down with my hot chocolate, it feels like a trip back in time. A much skinnier time.

2 comments:

sheri said...

I've been drinking hot chocolate by the gallons this "winter". I've also taken a liking to a nightly cup of hot herbal tea. Weird. But I'm LOVING my Back to Basics hot chocolate machine thing. And I'm stocked on Steven's for quite a while now! Wish we were closer so we could hang together w/our warm mugs.

Stephanie said...

just found you blog hopping. I saw your photo valentine on be different, and I am totally doing that!! Fabulous idea! I, like you, am not a coffee drinker and love my coca and mourned the loss of postum, but I wanted to tell you about choffy. It is made from the cocoa bean, it's roasted and ground and then you brew it like coffee. Check them out at www.drinkchoffy.com you won't be dissappointed!

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails