What's Going Down

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Because some things MUST be recorded.

As I stated earlier, Miles is potty training. And he is doing a pretty decent job. He'll do great for 3-4 days and then have a bad day. But he's getting it. And I couldn't be more proud.

the dukemeister

Yesterday, Miles comes running from another part of the house and I hear his little voice say to himself, "Hurry hurry, I don't want to pee in my pants!" So, I run after him to help him out. We get him stripped down and on the potty and the kid has a huge duke (does anyone else use this wording?).

I said to him, "Wow, Miles. That was a big poop!"

He looks up at me with his big sweet brown eyes and says, "That's not a poop, Mama. That's a TURD!"

I nearly choked.

7 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

We totally say "drop a duke". ROFL.

sheri said...

ROFL!
and I've never actually heard the term "duke" used that way. I am, however, certain J's used it before, lol.

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

I love that he told himself to hurry. go miles!

Moghimi Family said...

LOL! Kids do say the darnedest things. I've never used "duke" like that, but it is so funny I think I might start! I'm glad you posted this. Thanks.

Oh, and you can come over at any time and hold our sweet little one. Like Carole Chevrier says, "If you want to see my house, set an appointment. If you want to see me, come over any time." :)

Brian said...

We use "drop a duke" or "drop a duece". And when you gotta go we refer to it as "prairie doggin' it".

Good for him and his big Duke.

Anonymous said...

after girls, boys are just sooo much fun!!! I love my boy! Impressed he is trying at 3, mine didn't do the deed at all til he was over 4.... ugh!

Anonymous said...

I probably introduced him to the word...

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails