What's Going Down

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Let's try this again.

Monday was the first day of school round these parts. Yay! Seriously. I couldn't handle another day. I was elated to have Abbie off to school. First Grade! Yahoo! Party time! Excellent!

and they're off...!


Abbie had a fabulous first day. Of course, Tropical Storm Fay thought she'd be hilarious and enter the scene. Canceled were days 2 and 3 of school. Such a major tease. The joyous celebration of that first day, turned into wicked torture. It was as if having just the one day of school was enough to multiply my children's ability to get on each other's nerves. Not to mention mine*. But, from what I gather, Fay is no longer an issue (despite the fact that it's still extraordinarily windy and hasn't stopped raining). So, school is ON for tomorrow! For real this time!

If I'm this excited right now, just imagine my uberjoy when Anna starts Preschool on the 2nd of September. I might have to be restrained!

*Talk about getting on my nerves! Abbie decided she didn't like her bangs last night and decided to take some scissors to them... She lopped off a nickel sized chunk to about an inch long. She's 6.5 years old. I'm gonna lose my mind.

5 comments:

Amber said...

I lopped my bangs to about a 1/2 inch long when I was in 6th grade. Not sure that will help you feel better about that but..

Yay for school being back on! She's a cutie.

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

did you know I only get every other post by you show up on my blogroll? how weird is that?

cute, cute abbie! everyone around here is planning thier "first day of school" party. seriously. going out to breakfast and celebrating the return of their kids to school. too funny.

sorry about the bangs.

Alissa said...

hm. i have no idea why that is... does anyone else have that problem?

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

I don't have a fancy post updating blogroll, just a list.

Abbie's gorgeous, as usual. I think she could fit Lucas in that back pack.

Also, my word verification? "ussuq"

Hil said...

She looks like she could fit in that bookbag! I love the first day of school! It is wonderful when they all start going! I remember cutting my calick on the top of my head and walking around with little "indian feathers!" LOL

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails