What's Going Down

Monday, August 11, 2008

Will Blog For Food:

So, I will totally blame my sister here, but I love food. Wait, let's go back.

I hate to cook. Or did. Loathed. Everyday, I would avoid the topic of dinner. I would shudder at the thought of throwing together another nasty boring casserole. I hated it so much that I would avoid it until the last possible second when I would throw chicken nuggets in front of my kids. But seriously, that's gross. And it made me feel like a bad mom. I'm not gonna lie, however, it's still my last minute meal.

However, some switch inside me totally flipped when I watched and helped my sister make Cafe Rio Burritos last November. It seemed like it was a whole lot of chopping and dicing and saute-ing for what could never be a big enough payoff. Boy, was I wrong!!! These are so delicious, that even Matt has blogged about them.

What I've discovered about myself and cooking is that it has to be a fun recipe. It has to use fresh ingredients. I like chopping and dicing. I like new recipes. In the last month, we've haven't had the same recipe twice (unless you count lunch leftovers). And I'm trying to keep it that way. When I plan our menus for grocery shopping, I simply go through the many food blogs that I've tossed in my Google Reader and pick out recipes that I've starred throughout the previous weeks. I have NO trouble coming up with two weeks worth of recipes that are delicious and fun to make.

So, in making all of these new recipes, my sister and I have wanted to share them with each other, and anyone else who wants them. So we started a joint food blog. If you feel so inclined, you can take a jaunt over there and find yourself some RAWKING recipes. I promise not to post anything gross.

8 comments:

stephanie said...

totally added it to my reader. thanks!

i still make your waikiki meatballs all the time. we LOVE them.

Audrey said...

Fantastic! I wish I felt like cooking, but I'll definitely be reading :)

Jen said...

This is totally awesome, i'm always looking for new things to try and you have some great ideas.
Thanks for sharing and keep them coming.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Fabulous idea. It's been added to my reader as well.

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

Okay, I need to add it, too. I'm in such a slump lately. YOu are an inspiration! :p

Becky said...

Ohhh, so many yummy things posted already. Maybe this will get me out of my food rut.

ps- I gave you an award on my blog. Feel special lol.

Deborah said...

I think that is why I enjoy cooking so much - because I rarely make the same thing twice. I love going through and picking out recipes to try!!

lacyboo said...

you make my world go round...im a recipe machine! haha...i do the same thing, with my menus for the week and its so nice to have it all planned out...adding:)

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails