What's Going Down

Friday, April 18, 2008

I'll be honest.

#1. I've been totally spoiled. Matt's had off of work for the last 2+ weeks, since Lucas was born. He's been immensely helpful. And understanding. And my husband rocks.

My mom has been here since Monday. I've had two extra sets of hands helping with cooking/cleaning/child holding. I havent' had to cook. I haven't changed a single poopy diaper from Miles all week. It's like I've reached some kind of postpartum nirvana. Which brings me to point #2.

#2. I'm terrified. Matt goes back to work on Monday. My mom leaves Wednesday morning. Wednesday is my first day flying solo. Alone. All by myself. With the 4. Alone to take care of things like taking Abbie to/from school. Alone to make lunches and ohmygosh dinner. Alone to attempt things like grocery shopping, going to the library, going to the park, taking four steps outside my door with a mewling infant who requires feeding every 1.7 seconds (seemingly) and poops every 20 minutes (literally).

Isn't there some way to wean yourself off the help? Any words of advice?

8 comments:

Melinda said...

Have Matt stay home for 2 more weeks. If that doesn't work, call me and I'll commiserate and bring dinner.

Mia said...

Totally went through this! For the first few weeks having a new baby was just bliss. And then I had to do it on my own.

My best advice is to not do more than you absolutely have to for the first few days. Ease back into normal life as much as you can.

And remember that in alot of ways, it's easier than when you were pregnant. At least you're more mobile now!

april said...

just remember that you are only human- and when everyone else around you seems to forget- remind them too!!!!

you'll be in my thoughts!

Misty said...

I cried when my mom left after my third kid came. I'm trying not to think about what will happen after my week is over when this one comes.

Rachel said...

I made a resolution to say NO to everything and everyone. I just fed Jake while I surfed the internet for about two months, didn't make dinner, didn't clean and didn't do my hair/makeup. It was great. Doing less will keep you sane. Good luck!

teri hales said...

Good luck???? Does that bring any comfort? Sheesh...I'm only flying solo with one and sometimes I feel like I'm on overload. Thinking about four makes me want to cry. I'll be thinking of you!

Puddin Pie kiss the boys and made them cry! said...

You better lock them both in a room and pretend you don't know what the authorties are talking about when they come looking for them. I demand six weeks of help! It is unfair it took nine months to make the baby, people can't expect you to have your act together anytime before then. GOOD LUCK, MY FRIEND!

Doreen said...

What Rachel said is what I'm still doing, he. :p Congratulations on your beautiful baby! I'll let you know if I find out any secrets on how to make the transition to 4 easier. After all, I'm two weeks ahead of you on the whole transitioning thing. :p

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails