What's Going Down

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Alone-ish Time.

So, while the girls are at school, it's just me and the boys. And since Lucas takes several naps during that time, it's just me and The Giles. It has been so cool to get to spend this time with him.

For example. We had planned to celebrate Miles's birthday last Sunday. However, he fell asleep right before dinner and we went ahead and (shamefully) ate his birthday cake without him. So, the next night for FHE we had a quick lesson and then I held a single burning candle while we sang him Happy Birthday and then let him open presents. So, no pictures of that. Well, on Wednesday (his actual birthday)I was feeling guilty that he probably felt a little gypped. (Okay, he probably couldn't care less, but I thought he was getting the short end of the birthday stick.) I packed up Miles and Lucas and a candle and lighter and we were off to a Miles-chosen destination for lunch. And of course that means we went to Big Ron's Steakhouse (thank you Courtney!)

lunch at Big Ron's Steakhouse

I ceremoniously lit the candle, sang him the song and voila... instant birthday.

Miles loves to help me clean during the day. He's very helpful. Sorta.
mom's helper

Today, for example, he helped me make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. I even let him lick the beaters. Does that earn me some good mom points?

Oh! Gotta go, cookies just beeped.

6 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

That picture with the burger is great!

dastew said...

mmm pumpkin cookies.

sheri said...

Love that picture of the burger!

And we should get Miles and Kelly together. They can start a cleaning service.

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

you've got all kinds of good mom points going on!

and that is my family's (as in extended--all of us) all time favorite cake. when i was little i totally thought my mom made up the recipe. i'm totally jonseing for some now. mmmmmmmm

Maleen said...

I love the candle in the burger. Why didn't I think of that?
My biggest "helper" is my 2 year old right now. I can't do anything without hearing, "I help you mom."

Jenny said...

Miss you Miles. Love the burger.

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails