What's Going Down

Friday, September 3, 2010

Testing...


My very awesome friend, Kami, spins yarn. Like, she uses an actual spinning wheel and fiber from actual animals. If you had asked me six months ago, I would have told you that that was utter ridiculousness. 
Today I am telling you that as I type, I have a spinning wheel on it's way to me (for my birthday). 

The reason this is relevant: Kami spun the yarn that these armwarmers were made out of. The pattern for these armwarmers is not actually published yet.
 I was contacted by the designer and asked to test knit the pattern. They are SO comfy and super cute.
 And completely superfluous here in Florida. Especially this time of year.
I guess I'll put them in my "Christmas Presents" stash. Don't you wish you were on my list?

8 comments:

Resweater said...

Those are gorgeous! I envy the people on your Christmas list!

Maleen said...

I am simply amazed by your knitting abilities. Have you ever read 'East' by Edith Pattou. I think you need to get yourself a loom or something.

p.s. I am on your Christmas list, right? And if not, maybe you could tell me what you would charge for some arm warmers, because I think my girls would love one in their stockings.

MiddleMelansons said...

LOVEEEEEEEEEEE these!!! I live in the north east and have 3 kiddos so gloves are a little unrealistic! I know how to knit but have no idea how read a pattern any suggestions? my goal is to knit stockings for Christmas and make these gloves!!!!

Alecia said...

'Lissa! You are so talented. Beautiful knittng! I can't believe you made all this!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Those are awesome! Can't wait to see what you spin up (or whatever the proper knitter terminology would be).

ba and the boys said...

love them! and we can use them up here in utah! hint!

Sleepless Stitch said...

Those are very cute! I love the style and the color choice! Beautiful!

Crafty Mom said...

Very nice work and gorgous yarn!

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails