What's Going Down

Sunday, June 15, 2008

About Dad.

You all wish you had a Dad like mine.

Everyone is scared of my dad. That is, everyone who doesn't know him well. He's got a formidable presence that is sure to intimidate. It's a front. But we know better. We (his children) know that underneath that mustache (which I've never seen him without) and unwillingness to smile lies a man who loves to laugh, play games, cuddle and share quiet moments with his children. And grandchildren. A man whose quiet demeanor masks his dry wit so you can never quite tell if he's kidding or not. A man who rarely smiles in public, but can make me laugh till tears pour down my face. A father whose love for his family far outweighs his love of money. A father who knows sacrifice. A father who I love and miss.

And in celebration of my dad, I give you a picture from July 4th 2007. Playing Catch Phrase With Dad.
And I revel in the reality that I get to hang with my dad in just 18 more days!

7 comments:

Lee said...

What a great tribute. I get to see my Dad in 3 more days.

Wife of dastew said...

I have to admit that I was always a little bit scared of your dad. Not your mom, just your dad.
(We're excited to see you this week!)

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

You two totally have the same nose!

sheri said...

I thought the exact same thing as Char, lol! And I LOVE that picture of the 2 of you. I also adore your hair in that picture

m3ng said...

Your dad is great.

Also, I took that July 4th photo! :D

Anonymous said...

I love catchphrase!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see all of you guys in 15 days. Oh yeah, I gave Dad that shirt. "Measure Twice, Cut Once" is something that he always says to me whenever I mess up in the shop. It is his favorite shirt. :-)

Rachel said...

Such cute photos! I'm excited to go home and get some fun photos with my mom and dad next week too! Have fun on your trip!

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails