What's Going Down

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sad Filled With Happy

 On August 15, 2012 my paternal Grandmother, Lillian Beatrice Solter, passed away. She was 91 years old.  And while we were sad that we won't get to spend any more time with her in this life, we were so relieved that she was freed from her body. It was really weighing her spirit down! To show support for my father, I flew to Pennsylvania for her Memorial Service. It was a really nice service followed by an awesome family reunion. Granted not everyone could be there (my sister and I were the only two of my nine brothers and sisters present), but it was great to get to see my cousins that I've not seen in YEARS.
 This is my Grandfather (on the left) and my Dad (his shirt says, "Grandfather means Been there Done that.")
And admittedly, seeing my sister Jenny was the highlight of my trip!
 Dangit! I miss her!
This is one of Jenny's brood. Benny. Don't tell anyone but he's my favorite.
 And Tab. He and Miles are two peas in a pod. 
 I'm including this picture because I didn't get shots of Paisley or Hobbes (Jenny's other kids). Deal with it. 
 My grandfather with all four of his children. That handsome guy all the way on the right? That's my daddy. 
And my personal favorite. My grandfather with some of his 14 grandchildren and 24 great-grandchildren (and counting!). Oh Look! Just kidding, I did get a picture of Hobbes and Paisley! Not a total fail, Jenny!

We'll miss Grandma but as my grandfather said, "She's having a good laugh about this somewhere!"

No comments:

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails