What's Going Down

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Holiday Baking...

I heard a rumor that not every family has the tradition of insane holiday baking like mine does. I found this hilarious! and absurd! What good is Christmas without stuffing your face with 9 kinds of cookies/treats?! I ask you!

Now, I'm not as ambitious as my mother was/is (still, mom?) She'd make delightful treats like:
Applets & Cotlets (aka Turkish Delight)
Brown Sugar Lollipop Cookies
Sugar Cookies (I loathe them.)
Peanut Brittle
Orange Peel Candy
and about 4 others that I just don't care for.

My holiday baking list includes:
Glazed Almonds (I have 14 cups of blanched almonds to use... better get cracking!)
Muddy Buddies
Meltaways (also called Russian Tea Cakes)
Fudge
Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies

That's about it. Do I give them away to friends? Um. No? Does that make me a bad person?

Perhaps just a fat person...

1 comment:

Brian said...

We never did the baking thing my house. We just bought lots of junkfood. We do however make tons of different finger foods and stuff and we don't even do a Christmas meal. Just lots of stuff like bacon wrapped water chestnuts baked in mustard and grape jelly. We do a thing called a hamball made of ham, cream cheese, onion chives. Spinach dip, crab cakes, chili dip... tons of stuff that's really bad for you but good for memories and taste buds.

I'd rather be fat and happy than skinny and miserable.

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails