What's Going Down

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A game.

Miles & I have a favorite game. Back when he was in Speech Therapy (didn't I tell you he graduated!?), our speech therapist recommended getting or buying a picture book for Miles to point to things and name. We never did buy a book. Instead, I turned to the Internets.

Introducing:
Google Image Search

So, a couple of times per week, Miles would climb up on my lap while I sat diddling away the hours at the computer. And to humor him, I would start an image search: Dora, Diego, Elmo, Big Bird, shark, lion, elephant, tiger, apples, carrots, etc etc etc. For awhile, I would simply type in simple words for him to name. But after awhile, I wasn't inventive enough.

We still play almost every day. But now, Miles supplies the searchword. "How 'bout candy?", "How 'bout daddy?", "How 'bout books?" as fast as I can input them... and then we're on to the next word. It really has been a fabulous tool for teaching him a lot of words.

Yesterday, I spontaneously input the word "blue." We got the following image:
And Miles, not knowing which word I was going for, said simply, "SCARY!" Yes son, they are indeed.

8 comments:

sheri said...

I hear they're Char's favorite.

Lost A Sock said...

The Blue Man Group! KJ is standing over my shoulder right now commenting on their weirdness, haha.

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

Okay, that is the coolest idea ever. And ROFL at the Blue Man Group. Yikes, indeed. I don't get them.

Company EIGHT said...

LOVE that idea! And LOL at the Blue Man Group! Definitely scary!

Amber said...

I love the BMG!! I'm so glad he's talking so much!

dastew said...

I hear they do a great show but Carolyn thinks they're just weird so didn't want to go with me when they performed in Albany.

kelly said...

they're scary to me and i'm sure i'm a bit older than miles ;)

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

ohhh looks like a super fun time. -candie

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails