What's Going Down

Friday, April 16, 2010

What is UP with my hair??

Frankly, I'm not sure. 
I got it cut two days before Libby was born. And not just cut. Lopped right the heck off.
(Hi Melinda!)
I love my stylist, Nancy. I really do. In four years of having her cut my hair, she's never gone wrong. I'm blaming me. You see, I have this insanely thick hair.
(Hi JoAnn!)
It's also unbelievably wiry. Coarse. Every time I get my hair cut, Nancy tells me that I have more hair than any person whose hair she cuts. Which is saying something since she's wildly popular and I have very short hair. 
  (Hi Marilee! And Squee! It's Libby!)
So, when I got my hair whacked, I think I went just a bit too short. You see, the majority of my hair stands straight up regardless of the amount of gel I use. No amount of coaxing and smoothing will make my hair look "normal." 
 (Hi Michelle!)
Which is why if you've seen me lately, my hair almost always looks like I haven't bothered to do anything to it. And it's also why I'm embracing this fauxhawk. 
Sorry Mom (I know you hate it.)

9 comments:

Alecia said...

Cute, cute, cute! All of you! I also totally dig the hair!

Jamie said...

Cute!

Almost Always said...

you rock your haircut! it suits you...it has flare, and edge...i think it looks fabulous!
xo

likeschocolate said...

I think I might have you beat on the hair thickness situation. Most of the time I look like a white chick witha fro. Especially if there is any humidity in the air. I actually get it thinned every 6 weeks and it still is 3 times as thick as anyone else. Along with it is dry, coarse, and simi curly, but not a pretty curl a crazy fro friz curl. Love the onesie you mad for your friend.

lacyboo said...

i love the haircut! very america's top model. you know, the chick with the mohawk always wins(well, until recently lol)

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

I like it. Don't tell your mom. ;)

Lotussooz said...

I love the hair do... I also have insanely thick hair... Luckly with a little mousse and aquanet I gan get it to go curly... I thank my dad for that>>> :)

Ruth Solter said...

As I remember it, my hair was cut short when I had 5 kids too. You do whatever is best for you- don't worry about what I think. Love you -- Mom.

Moghimi Family said...

I LOVE the hair. I also love seeing pictures of me on your blog. Keep both. :o) OH, and I love the new look of your blog. Good job momma!

Read More

Related Posts with Thumbnails